Permit to Locate Wastewater Treatment Systems
Prior to the revision of the construction plans of a wastewater treatment plant, you must have a location permit. At Geo Costa Rica we can help you process this permit, which must be requested at the Ministry of Health.
This must meet various requirements such as:
- Proposed location of the area destined to the treatment system, indicating its preliminary dimensions.
- Dimensioning of withdrawals to be kept between the treatment system and the boundaries of the property that will contain it or the existing and projected buildings within the same property.
- Proposed location for vent head or sewer connection, if necessary.
- Direction of the flow of the bodies of water that cross or adjoin the property.
- Location of existing or projected water supply wells, within the same property of the global project.
- Location of wells and sources of water supply existing in the properties adjacent to the global project, within a radius of 200 meters from the treatment plant.
If there is no availability of sanitary sewer in operation, you can choose the following options:
- Discharged to a receiving body of permanent flow: For which you must have the discharge permit issued by the Water Directorate of MINAE.
- Reuse: Drinking comply with the provisions of the Wastewater Discharge and Reuse Regulation.
- Infiltration in the field: It requires a calculation memory that demonstrates the viability of such infiltration issued by a professional.
- Evaporation: Requires a calculation memory issued by a professional.
Once the application has been received, the Ministry of Health will issue the respective resolution within a period of twenty-two calendar days, if positive, the placement permit will be valid for two years.
Source: Regulation of Approval of Wastewater Treatment Systems.
Geo Costa Rica - Environmental ConsultantsProcessing, monitoring and environmental assessment in hydrogeological studies, natural hazards, well drilling, water concession and Environmental Impact Studies.
More information?For more information or quotes do not hesitate to contact us
Desamparados San José, Costa RicaPhone: 2259-7340 Cell phone: 8721-6931 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact us here!